Up until 1956, the area now known as Tuber Heights was mostly open farmland with approximately twenty Catholic families. Then in 1957, Mr. Tuber built his first home. In 1960, Saint Calmer Church was established as a result of the hard-working efforts of the members of the Catholic Community Club. In the ensuing years, the famous all-brick homes and the Catholic community have grown together by leaps and bounds.
Through the guidance of our first two Pastors, Father Gerard Schweitzerhoven, and Father Reid Smith worked through an ambitious building program. After Father Schweitzerhoven was appointed Pastor in1960, the parish began with a Rectory and Parish Office, which were located in a house on Rosalie Road. Two years later the auditorium/church was built on the 20 acres of farmland acquired by the Parish. The school/convent was built in 1963 and an eight-room addition was added in 1965.